finally some alone-time! wouldn’t say it’s productive academics-wise but emotionally this is great.
haven’t slept well in the past five nights because i went to Freiburg and the Malaysian cultural festival is this Sunday. absolutely exhausted; physically, mentally, and emotionally. urgently need some me time and more sleeping time and hopefully tonight will be it
the past weeks were crazy because of the cultural festival that’s coming up and travelling and the startup competition. wow. managed to squeeze some time today to do some leisure browsing today while waiting for our pandan chiffon cake to bake
just came back from a weekend trip in Belgium
though i actually don’t feel that bad but it’s actually bad. why am i so optimistic. anyway it’s late so this is gonna be a listicle.
BAD THINGS THAT HAPPENED TODAY (November 12, 2018):
- Belgian train delays en route back to Aachen. The trains were never on time anyway.
- my bolster broke open and most of its inner organs came out while i washed it in the washing machine. i am so sad. the bolster has been with me for almost 15 years i think. i’m gonna be a surgeon and sew the wound. but tomorrow.
- i bought a cork board to better organise my stuff and i also bought Sugru for that matter but the board was too heavy and i spent 30 minutes trying to fix it on my wall and ultimately gave up which is shitty cos there are now stains on my wall and an unhanged cork board.
- i didn’t get a cheese cloth to sieve my honey oat vodka so i had to do it manually by hand. for a longgggg time. feeling so dumb.
- a bus driver got out of his bus to scold me cos apparently i was cycling to close to the bus.
- i normally look forward to receiving letters in the mail but today i got one that notifies me that i have to pay some taxes. worse thing is, they didn’t even spell my full name out and got my gender wrong. how dare they ask me for money if they don’t even respect my basic identity.
- freaking drying machine didn’t work
- i accidentally locked myself out of the room while returning some stuff to a friend. the problem could be easily solved cos i know the caretaker well. but. there is always a but. BUT lazy ass me has the habit of leaving my key in the keyhole so i don’t misplace them anywhere else in the room so my key was left in the keyhole and the replacement key wouldn’t work. that’s why the caretaker had to pry open my door (he did it in less than 30 seconds) and i have to pay a fine tomorrow.
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE:
- i had a great weekend in Belgium though i spent too much money and calories.
- i managed to do some home improvement stuff
- i did rock-climbing!! it was soooooooo funnnnnnn i can’t wait to go again
- i handed in my homework on time
- i have great friends!!!
the hardest languages to learn in the world. probably from the perspectives of Westeners. watched it with a bunch of Malaysians and Taiwanese and we all speak the hardest language to learn in the world