not a very productive day but kinda happy so yay
- First impressions don’t really matter. Think about this: once you made a good impression; either by dressing up or acting like you normally wouldn’t, you’re gonna struggle a lot to preserve that image of you.
- Don’t expect people to treat you the same way as you treat them.
- You will meet new humans and you might have less time for the old ones, but keep in touch not just by seeing each other on social medias; initiate personal contact with them.
- People grow apart. According to Dunbar’s number, which is 150, that’s the average number of stable social relationships we can handle at one time. That means that, as you move on to next chapters in your life, the people in your direct vicinity change too and the names on the list of 150 change. Some names would be removed and replaced by new names. And that’s okay.
- People are generally nice and friendly, even if there is a language barrier.
- “It doesn’t degrade you when others treat you poorly; it degrades them.” – Ryan Holiday
- Knowing just a few words/phrases in someone’s native language can easily make someone’s day. However, do not know too many or else it might convey the impression that you actually speak the language, which of course makes someone’s day even more, but then you’d have to put on a poker face because you absolutely understood nothing when they spoke more and that someone’s day would then be a teeny bit ruined.
- It’s possible to love platonically.
- It’s easier to make new friends when you’re alone…even easier if your new friend was also alone. Loners attract. That’s kwy’s Friendship Law.
- Despite the amount of friends I have (ya i admit that i’m quite sociable) I think it’s very important to be able to be alone, being the company of yourself. Though I have failed to execute this well at the time of finishing the draft.
- Do not text someone you care when you’re in the company of someone else you care. Two things here; you should respect the company; and because you might not be focusing completely on both parties, you might sound rude
- Trust your intuitions about someone you just met. Bad vibes always turns out to be true in some way. Protect yourself.
- You really only need a few friends that truly care about you and support you. Quality > quantity.
- When asking for advice: people will impose their reality on you and tell you stuff based on very different mindsets. So only ask for advice from people with whom you’d trade places with.
- Never take advantage of your friends in any regard. Or make them feel taken advantage of.
- Everyone has boundaries that might be very different from yours; physically, emotionally, mentally.
- Dropping someone off will always be hard, no matter how much that someone has wronged you.
- Envy shouldn’t exist in a friendship; you should be genuinely happy for a your friends’ achievements.
oh ive been in my room for more than 24 hours now; it’s so windy since last night, i could hear my door shaking. also, im trying to learn as much programming as i can for an upcoming test on Wednesday. im so done with studying so im winding down with some interesting-looking articles (also drank a beer). i think i haven’t spoken a word in the past 24 hours too haha. cool.
i have an exam on friday and i haven’t written an official exam in about 28 months…also, it’s the second day of Chinese New Year but that doesn’t apply to me this year and my sprained left foot hasn’t healed 100% yet and it still hurts a little at times. yesterday my right heel started bleeding. so yeah, i have a very awkward gait now. i love my life.
definitely suffering a burnout from long study sessions, i feel like my days are melting together and i just cannot anymore. i hope that i’d learn from this and start studying earlier in the next semester
- I assume everyone knows who “kwy” is.
- I can and sometimes will disagree on everything you agree on.
- I think I am talented.
- I’m lazy.
- I’m obsessed with things that could be deemed inappropriate. (ie: serial killers, the number “8”,
- If I’m in love with you or think that I am, I’ll confess my feelings even if I knew it might ruin the friendship.
- I write bad poetry (if they’re even considered as poetry) when I’m feeling like a shit.
- I really hate conforming to society.
- I always assume that I’m better at something than I actually am, for example: cooking and singing.
- I don’t get social cues well.
- I make jokes at the most wrong of times with the most sensitive of topics.
- I voice my opinions out, sometimes too loudly.
- My accent.
- I talk too much.
- I pretend that I know a lot of things.
- I probably don’t hold the people you hold in high regard in high regard.
- I spell it as “stuffs” though I know that it’s wrong.
- Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but let me pretend we’re BFFs alright‽
- When I’m not drunk but I am but I am not but wait what I don’t get it. But I’m sober.
- I pretend to be a badass but actually have no balls to do a lot of things.
- I don’t find dogs cute (come fight me) (oh wait please don’t), I don’t find animals cute in general, except for the occasional human beings.
- I’d remember your birthday for sure, but I will not get you a present.
- I don’t use facial products at all.
- My ego.
- I underdress all the time.
- My recklessness.
- I don’t get the hype of a lot of “trendy” and “popular” things and I’m fine with it.
- The music I listen to.
- My inability to organise physical spaces.
- I probably don’t acknowledge your existence on Earth until I need a favour from you.
- I think it is okay to eat alone, to watch movies alone, to travel alone; to do everything alone