it’s my birthday today and yes i do let that be an excuse to be shitty
failed on day 3 cos i had a (virtual) games night with friends the evening before and got too excited and couldn’t fall asleep.
last night i was at a friend’s place, who is pretty much my neighbour.
lesson learnt: be alone and wind down in peace at night
28.5 breathes on day 3. hahaha day 4 is such a disaster
i finally have bright lights at home!
snoozed a little but woke up too. pretty tired.
it was definitely less than 1.5hours but it’s something. just day 2 and i have lowered my standards to “no zero days” is fine too
31 breaths. the first 5 minutes were pretty good and then bye bye
day 1 was eventful. im having muscle soreness from IKEA furniture lol
kinda hit snooze but a minute later i was up cos i was terrified of something unknown. feeling very groggy and made a cuppa. probably taking a nap in a bit
quite good but got interrupted by homemaking assistances…and my home is not even near yet being a home. really pissed at IKEA now
holy crap i missed it. oh well, let’s try again tomorrow
why is there a day 0 you ask? cos i failed on the first day. LOL. anyway, might be nice to lay down some bright-line rules. it sounds crazy to tackle three things at the same time, but they all kinda complement each other, so why not.
practically overslept for three hours because my Apple Watch didn’t wake me up successfully….uhhhhhhhhhh. well for tomorrow im setting an extra alarm.
basically this means no snoozing and jumping right out of sofa (for now) when the alarm rings. nothing crazy here
no studying (reading, watching videos) programming but real coding. for the first few weeks i’d have to busy myself with my professor’s code examples. then Codecademy. at least 1.5 hours a day.
10 minutes of mindfulness, that’s all.
im currently at my new place without a bed and the only table i have is a low and small IKEA table that’s supposed to be a drinking game table. luckily i still have a comfortable sofa
talking to yourself is a good thing
#100DaysOf starts tomorrow!
the majority would call the year a rather eventful year; albeit it referring generally to the world and not to individual lives.
i can imagine that a lot of people had a rather flat slope (is that an oxymoron?) when it comes to the dramaticness of their lives in year 2020. im not trying to insult these people — as i have learnt, having a rather uneventful life is sometimes a better way to live — since the only good thing about people like me who are always chasing the adrenaline is, really, just to have anecdotes to tell at a (virtual) social gathering. other than that, sure, there may be some prestiges; yet normally it is cancelled out with negative events. i don’t speak for everyone but at least that is my experience.
i wouldn’t hesitate to do everything again though. though i might do some things better.
this is by no means a review of the year since some of the epiphanies aren’t that “wild”. posting this slightly earlier as im moving in two days. there shall be nothing to add to this list in that window.
- tasked to head a research at work that could be written into a master’s thesis…and i wasn’t even very near to writing my bachelor’s thesis
- sharply refined my definition of “friendship”
- being active in the Teenage Bounty Hunters fandom #Stepril
- didn’t step foot in my homeland at all
- saved more than 5 times on electricity bills just by showering less (i owed my electricity provider almost 1500€ in a 9 and a half months timeframe)
- decided to ditch social engagements in the form of student associations
- kinda achieved the little financial freedom to even be able to donate to charities
- i think i kinda can cook now‽
- actually made a Christmas cover and video with talented friends and my mediocre skills in everything under a week
- played my top song of the year 556 times this year, it’s Deleter by Grouplove
- got into a pretty much long-distance relationship
- went mostly vegetarian; attempting a more vegan diet now
- i played badminton without hurting myself
i was speaking with a friend last night, on Discord, which is one of the most interesting discoveries i had this year, they asked me how do i perceive 2020. then i realised that it was an okayish good year for me. sure there were still some dramas but the goodnesses outweighs it all.
so im happy to report that:
2020, sorry, you didn’t get me.